About CANDLE LIGHT INN THE
Marc Lombardini, Executive Chef
Christian Lombardini, General Manager
The Candle Light Inn celebrates a long history in the Catonsville community. The original house, surrounded by rolling farmland and known as the Five Oaks estate, was built in the mid 1800's. The house changed hands perhaps three times before the mid 1920's when the Rogers' family began the pleasant tradition of offering afternoon tea and light fare in the parlors and on the gracious porch which once wrapped itself around the north and east sides of the house.
Ten or twelve little cottages were built behind the house to accommodate people traveling between Baltimore and Washington and the Five Oaks became the Candle Light Lodge. In the early 1940's the house was purchased by Anna May Calk who served a bountiful spread of traditional Maryland food for
over 20 years.